Why See our Podiatrists
Podiatrists are university trained health professionals who specialise in preventing, diagnosing, and treating foot and lower leg complications. Podiatrists play an important role in alleviating foot pain and maintaining mobility whilst treating your specific problem.
At Better Feet Podiatry we have extensive experience in all aspects of podiatry, and attend continuing education programs to ensure you receive the most up to date evidence-based treatments. All of our podiatrists are nationally registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA):
Our Podiatrists specialise in the following areas:
• Sports injuries & Rehabilitation: including sprained ankles, achilles tendon injuries, shin splints, knee pain and arch pain.
• Biomechanical & Gait Assessment: involving gait and posture analysis which assesses your walking pattern and how your lower limbs function in relation to each other.
• Orthotics: Custom-made, Prefabricated, Hard and Soft EVA, and Sport.
• Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT): Hands on therapy utilising mobilisation and manipulation techniques with a focus on strength and rehabilitation often without the use of orthoses.
• General Foot Care: treatment of corns, callous, fungal toenails, warts and skin conditions.
• Foot and Ankle Pain Management: including musculoskeletal conditions such as heel pain, shin splints, and pain related to osteoarthritis.
• Ingrown Nails & Nail Surgery: Surgery to permanently treat and correct ingrown nails.
• Diabetes Foot Care: Neurological and vascular testing, with prevention and treatment of diabetes related foot complications.
• High Risk Foot Care and Wound Management: Our experienced team has extensive experience in wound and ulcer management relating to high risk foot complications.
• Children’s Foot Health: Developmental and postural issues. Footwear advice and orthoses.